Tuesday 18 August 2009

Back on a mission


After a day’s rest I was ready (or so I thought) to tackle another big route on my wish list – Aiguilette Lauzet. It is an amazing buttress that stands out from the road. However, after leading the first pitch at hard 6a/b I wasn’t feeling super strong. So we opted to take an easier line to have a more relaxed experience. All was going so well until 2 pitches from the top when the bolts ran out...after some scary climbing clipping old bent pegs and chockstones in a large crack I came to a stop when I couldn’t see any more pegs. So I lowered off one of the bent rusty old pegs hoping it would hold me, knowing it had probably been around longer than me so it was probably ok.




After some debate and guidebook consultation we found another line of bolts, that again ran out!! We finally found ‘a few’ bolts up another line but again lowered off as they were run out and we didn’t know what was above. So we scooted off left to join the Via Ferrata that led to the summit. Quite an adventure in the end but still an amazing day out.



Still not feeling much like a climber...will the climbing mojo return??

No comments:

Post a Comment