Saturday 11 July 2009

Hard Limestone


I had promised a weekend of sport routes on Limestone - so off we headed to Cheedale. What a fabulous setting; lovely river, green green fields and trees and good quality rock. The only problem is that it is very hard and technical. You can't fudge your way through these routes, you need to use your feet well and all the technique you can muster or you will be spat off quickly.


The routes were certainly hard and I had to fight my way up a 6c on top rope - every hold had to be used a certain way and I learnt a huge amount about twisting and body placement. Thanks to my fantastic climbing coaches with far superior skills. I even managed to get up a third of the 7a+ they were working on, well the easy delicate fingery bit at the bottom anyway. The top looked horrific so I stopped there.

I'll be back to Cheedale for more rock lessons as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment