Sunday 5 April 2009

Faith in friction

A fabulous day out at Froggatt. After a quick warm up I attempted one of my 'wish list' routes Three Pebble Slab (E1 in my book but think it is HVS now). The crux rock over move took me some time to commit to but the upper slab was a breeze despite the lack of protection - just switch off the rational (I'm going to really hurt myself if I fall off) brain and go for it. Something I didn't seem to have a problem with at all, maybe that side of my brain left years ago!! 
The rest of the day was all about big ticks for Adam and Sari and we bagged Hawks Nest Crack, Valkyrie and Chequers Climb. Well when I say 'bagged', Adam did a good job on Valkyrie whilst Sari and I moaned, grunted and shouted TAKE up most of the initial jamming crack. Who said the crux was near the top, getting off the bloody ground was way harder!
All followed by a pint of Easy Rider (yummy beer) in the Chequers, Sundays don't get much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment