Wednesday 7 October 2009

15 pitches of Caliza Clasica


For our final day together we chose to connect two classic lines, a route on Le Socle followed by a route on La Grand Candelle.


Over 300 meters of limestone next to the sea.

Highlights were...trying to climbing the first three pitches in one rope length, it worked but it was tough going on the arms and I was definitely fading when I reached the belay. Getting lost on my other pitch and having to do some random, unprotected traverse back to the line of bolts.
As well as, the first two pitches of the Grand Candelle with a very exposed and windy step across the void from the summit of the pillar to the main rock buttress.

And of course, my Spanish pals who sang, danced, chatted, shouted and kept me very happy and entertained throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment