Tuesday 9 June 2009

Third time and still not lucky


After wild camping in a small spot next to a dodgy van, I finally managed an hours sleep before our 6am alarm. Watched far too many scary movies about woods, strange vehicles etc and my overactive imagination kept me awake. Unphased we went out to try La Demande again hoping it would be easier than last time. Alas, no, still difficult and we decided to be sensible and retreat after the first pitch. Especially given that there were just 4 bolts in the first 30m and we didn't fancy climbing another 13 pitches with the prospect of 10-20m falls!! So we tried a different route instead and I had to speed climb on the lead to try and beat incoming rain...I've never climbed poorly bolted 6a ground so fast!! We're returning to Ecrins now as we've definitely had our fill of Verdon.

No comments:

Post a Comment